February 2–4, 2016, The Ritz Carlton, McLean, VA
February 2–4, 2016
The Ritz Carlton
1700 Tysons Boulevard
McLean, VA 22102 | Map
Phone: +1 703 506 4300
Symposium Booking Code
Rate: Deluxe room: US$250 single or double, plus applicable taxes
+1 800 241 3333
Cutoff date: January 8, 2016
Group Code: MLAMLAA (when booking online)
Click here to book reservations
D +1 703 336 8704
No charge. Complimentary continental breakfast, box lunch and dinner.
It’s hard to believe but it’s been 10 years since The Airline Symposium was started! In 2006, when about 60 of you attended, to 2015 when almost 400 of you joined us, The Airline Symposium has not only grown in attendance, but has become a “go to ” event for airlines, their insurers and their brokers.
With representation from 35 airlines participating, plus 25 international carriers, the Airline Symposium carries on its tradition of fast paced, high energy moderated panels, with plain spoken, direct questions and discussions that have resulted in many airlines formally adopting attendance at the Airline Symposium as part of their training programs.
On the occasion of The 2016 Airline Symposium, our 10th Anniversary, we will continue this tradition. Several years ago we presented a full investigative hearing of the National Transportation Safety Board, complete with the Board of Inquiry, Technical Panel, Parties, Witnesses and the whole host of issues, both foreseen and unforeseen, which present themselves during a hearing and the preparation for it.
The hearing, complete with witnesses, a board of inquiry, a technical panel and parties, will explore, among other areas:
- how the investigation and hearing processes work procedurally,
- effective preparation of witnesses during the investigation and for the hearing,
- dealing with the media after the accident and during the hearing,
- how to effectively deal with NTSB staff/investigators during the investigation and at the hearing,
- a “who’s who” and “what’s what” at the NTSB,
- dealing with families and survivors
and a whole host of issues, problems and matters that arise after incidents/accidents and how you can prepare for them.
In addition, we will also have panels which zoom in on:
- FAA enforcement activities, including an discussion of the FAA’s new enforcement philosophy,
- the re-structuring of the FAA Chief Counsel’s office, what you need to know about it and how it affects the FAA’s approach to enforcement,
- the 2016 FAA Panel: A Look Back at 2015 and a Look Forward to 2016,
- a panel of NTSB investigators focusing on what you can do to survive an NTSB investigation,
- Airline General Counsel’s Panel: “What Keeps Me Up At Night and What I Do About It In the Morning”
The 2016 Airline Symposium will also present an airline emergency response drill, incorporating within it everything which occurs in the company command center in the first 60 minutes following the incident/accident. Utilizing our highly successful format of “stop” action, experts will talk about what you are seeing and engage the audience in a highly interactive discussion.
In addition, as always, count on an entertaining and interesting lunchtime discussion during the box lunch on Thursday, the 3rd, as well as our Networking Dinner!
So, mark your calendar, register and plan on joining us for The 10th Annual Airline Symposium on February 2-4, 2016!
We will provide CLE credit in any state requested. Let us know the states in which you need approval.