“An Airplane Is Down . . . .!”: Doing More with Less
February 7–9, 2017
The Ritz Carlton
1700 Tysons Boulevard McLean, VA 22102 | Map
Whether you’re a large airline, a regional carrier, a cargo carrier, a charter operator or a corporate/business/fractional owner-operator, the efficient management of available resources when things go wrong is of critical importance. Not only may you find your options limited by the resources available to you, but in foreign countries or other locations where you have few or none of your own people on the ground, you may have to depend on resources that you aren’t familiar with.
During this, our 11th annual Aviation Symposium, we will focus on how to effectively plan for and use to maximum advantage all resources available to mount a response—whether to an emergency requiring the evacuation of a handful of executives or hundreds of passengers, an airplane blown off the runway or a mid-air collision—that is calculated to meet the needs of the situation at hand, but also protect your brand and to position your company to “come out the other side.”
As always, count on an entertaining and uniquely interesting lunchtime speaker, a Welcome Cocktail Party on February 7th, and our end-of-conference Networking Reception on February 8th.
Sessions will be presented in a moderated panel format, with panelists presenting on:
- Structuring and conducting an effective training exercise
- Using limited personnel resources to the maximum
- Keeping your company running during an incident/accident response
- Providing support and assistance to the families and friends of passengers and crewmembers
- Making social media part of your rumor management strategy
- Enhancing the effectiveness of your emergency response through the use of outside resources
And a host of other subjects focused on ensuring effective preparedness and response, whether you’re resource-rich or resource-limited, including:
- The unique issues faced by regional, cargo and corporate operators
- The ever-changing face of the FAA
- Selecting a family assistance contractor ( Get what you NEED, not what they want to sell you!)
- Taking full advantage of the resources your insurance carrier and broker are offering (After all, you’ve already paid for them!)
- Other current issues and subjects in the aviation industry
As in years past, the Symposium will be held at The Ritz Carlton, McLean, VA. A block of rooms has been set aside at a special rate, but history tells us these go fast, so book early.
The Ritz Carlton 1700 Tysons Boulevard McLean, VA 22102 Phone: +1 703 506 4300 Fax: +1 703 506 2694
Symposium Hotel Booking Information:
Group: 11th Annual Aviation Symposium hosted by Dentons Rate: Deluxe Room for $250 (single or double, plus applicable taxes) Reservations Number: +1 800 241 3333 Cutoff date: January 6, 2017
Book your reservation online Online Group Code: AIRAIRA
Please contact Barbara Butler at +1 703 336 8704
Lauren Duda at +1 703 336 8747.
Free of charge, including Continental Breakfast, Welcome Cocktail Party, Lunch and Networking Reception.
We have or will obtain CLE approval for all jurisdictions. Just let us know your state of admission.
You may not have noticed, but to more accurately describe the Symposium, we have changed it to The Aviation Symposium.
Same topical subjects, exciting format, place and time.